Fashion logistics: Mango omnichannel logistics center Barcelona
The fashion group Mango supplies more than 2,200 stores worldwide. There is also a flourishing online trade. In view of the diversification and hybridization of digital commerce, a central warehouse is to be created that will enable future growth in this dynamic market.
The entire supply chain will converge at the omnichannel logistics center in Lliçà d’Amunt, Barcelona. The EUR 200 million investment must be secured. Risk minimization is the motto, planning security the goal.
The design concept of the new omnichannel logistics center developed by SDZ was simulated to evaluate and validate the logistics planning. This ensured the future functionality and performance as well as the effectiveness of the investment.
- International fashion group
- More than 2,200 stores
- Goods to the end consumer via online trading
- Turnover of around 2.7 billion euros (2022)
- Company headquarters and central warehouse in Barcelona, Spain
- Fashion / Fashion Logistics
We first determined the performance requirements of the future logistics center for a ten-year planning horizon. The development of the operational processes was based on Mango’s intended omnichannel strategy.
This formed the basis for the design and dimensioning of the required functional areas of the logistics center. To evaluate the logistics planning, the concept developed by SDZ was simulated and its functionality and performance demonstrated. This gave Mango the necessary investment security.
- Achievable system performance in various business
- Stress test: Possible marginal power & bottleneck scenarios
- Degree of automation in line with requirements (intralogistics)
- Optimization of operating processes
In addition to reducing investment costs by up to 15%, we can reduce planning costs by almost 30% with the help of our simulations. It is also possible to set a realistic time for commissioning with the software used. And without the risk of delays.